A rough guesstimate minus your address = Sorry, you’re too poor for us
Exercise your right: Express your point of view regarding automated decision making!
With automated decisions such as scoring or profiling, you have the right to express your own opinion. You can exercise this right best by submitting it in writing to the company.
Below, you’ll find a sample letter as a PDF download or as a text to copy and paste into an e-mail. You’ll still have to add your address and the company’s address. If available, you can also add your customer or billing number. Please send the letter directly to the company in the end.
Important: Your request must be handled at no cost to you. Companies can only charge you in cases of unfounded or excessive, repetitive requests. If companies require a copy of a proof of identification, you can redact any information that’s not necessary for your request.
Download the sample letter:
Right to express my view in automated individual decision-making, including profiling pursuant to Article 22(3) GDPR
To whom it may concern:
Pursuant to Article 22(3) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) I hereby express my view regarding a decision based on automated processing:
I demand to obtain human intervention on the part of you as the controller pursuant to Article 22(3) GDPR.
I contest the automated decision pursuant to Article 22(3) GDPR.
Please confirm receipt of my request. In accordance with Article 12(3) GDPR, I ask for information on action taken until the following date at the latest:
In case of non-compliance with my demand, I will contact a data protection authority. Furthermore, I reserve the right to take further legal action, which may include the enforcement of claims for damages according to Article 82 GDPR.
Notes on using this sample letter
- Please enter your address and the company’s address. If available, you can add your customer and/or billing number.
- Write down how you are affected by automated decision-making.
- Please choose if you request a human being to intervene in the automated decision-making and/or if you want to contest the decision based on automated processing.
- The company needs to respond without undue delay, at the latest within one month of receipt of your request. That’s why you can enter a deadline one month and three days (for shipping) after mailing the request.
- Please send the letter directly to the company in question (not to consumer protection organisations or authorities).